Thursday, March 6, 2008

Peace, Peace

The LORD says to my Lord:
Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet.
The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying
Rule in the midst of Your enemies.
Your people will volunteer freely in the day of Your power;
In holy array, from the womb of the dawn,
Your youth are to You as the dew.
The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind,
You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek.
The Lord is at Your right hand;
He will shatter kings in the day of His wrath.
He will judge among the nations,
He will fill them with corpses,
He will shatter the chief men over a broad country.
He will drink from the brook by the wayside;
Therefore He will lift up His head. (Ps. 110)

Perhaps you’ve noticed that there are many unanswered questions generated by this blog. It’s done in honesty, - honestly! I’m attempting to stimulate our Christian community to a more sobered and disciplined mind-set. Believe me, this is not a call to a conversation that will tend to dilute the absolutes of the Scripture; rather, may it be an effort that will more focus our minds toward a realization that we are not going to usher in any kind of peace in this world. Rather, this is a world that is hostile to our community, and to the (Melchizedekian) Lord whom we serve. It is His Return, and that only, that is going to usher in (demand by fiat) world peace. So, with that in mind, let’s ask some questions:

So, who is this Melchizedekian guy? Well, I think that we all know Who that is (Heb. 1:13; 5:1-6). Can’t easily run and hide from that one, can we?
Now what is this Psalm saying?

This guy has enemies, and He’s going to rule them? Really? He’s not going to negotiate?
He’s going to shatter kings and the chief men who rule over a broad country. Now that’s a tough one. Can’t we just get the religions of the World to cooperate and prevent Him from having to shatter? Well, I guess that’s not what the Psalm says, is it?
The nations: He’s going to fill them with corpses. No! It didn’t really say that did it? He’s a God of peace (only?) right?

Well, I’m being sarcastic here, aren’t I? It’s for a reason. Things are getting ugly out there beloved. There are enemies out there who do not want peace with us. They are going to be dealt with and shattered in the day of His wrath! Let’s do good out there. It’s what He requires of us, but let us also be a little more wise like serpents in the process. There are two kinds of people out there: US - THEM. Think about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly is your Christian denomination? I sense a lot of anger in your posts.

Exegeter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Exegeter said...

To anonymous:
My church is non-denominational, although it has strong Baptist roots. I'm not certain how a denomination demands anger, or lack thereof, however. But - you did surface in me a modest gadfly that apparently is not going to go away. What, exactly, is within my viscera? I'm not exactly sure. I believe that I will address this matter in my next post.