Wednesday, July 2, 2008

No Transitional Forms

Just in case that you were wondering, - I’m back - I haven’t evaporated away to somewhere unknown. Got back from my trip with the boys. We went fossil hunting near Delta, Utah (50 miles northwest - not too near, I guess). It was great fellowship, and we did find fossils, namely, trilobites. Creationists rightfully make a big deal that the fossil record gives no tangible evidence of transitional forms. Always when fossils are found, they are fully formed as a species. I was surprised at how struck I was at that fact when I first looked at those little fellows. These animals were fully formed, and in all of their intricacies and functional complexities were demanding intellectual reflection. The empirical data is on our side folks.

Along these lines, I was made aware of William Dembski’s new book Understanding Intelligent Design (Sean McDowell coauthor, Eugene: Harvest House) and was more than peaked in my interest when I learned that it was designed with the youth in mind. I have been wanting to probe in this area for more than two years now, but felt inadequate to the task. We need to be proactive in this area, and need to be methodical with our information. Our youth need to be armed. I’ll get back to you when I finish the book.

It was good to be in Utah; It’s good to be back. Let’s go to war.

No comments: