Friday, December 7, 2007

TAFTCom

OK, so let’s finally get started. To those of you who know me, you are painfully aware that I have desired to start a web site for over two years now. Why haven’t I, then? I suppose that it has been a combination of procrastination (I’m a seasoned pro), mediocrity, fear, and ignorance of how to manipulate the Internet that has caused the delay. Why start now? Frustration and a sense of obedience compel me to finally unleash the hounds within me. I honestly understand what Jeremiah must have gone through (20:9). I do not have the same amount of fire within me as did this great man, but there does fester within my stomach enough fire that I would be in disobedience to His calling if I did not utter forth at this time. WOW, what did I just say?

The godless world system is heading for an accounting that will be biblically eschatological in its finality. The godless seem to be willingly ignorant of this thrust to final destruction, and it seems apparent to me that the Church will do nothing to prevent its biblical outcome. The Church, on the other hand, should be more than a little sobered by just such a scenario. We seem to be intellectually certain of our (various) eschatological positions, but, in my opinion, we are not experientially sobered by the moment in which we live. This is a generality, but, in my opinion, the Church is not sobered by the moment in which she lives! We are arrogant, are divided (in our great brilliance), are thrusting toward religious success at the expense of biblical absolutes, are thus removing barriers to apostasy and tending toward a Laodicean mind-set, and are, to that degree, not prepared for what is about to come upon us. Beloved - THERE’S A FREIGHT TRAIN COMING, and lives are at stake; eternal lives.

Obviously, details will follow. Does this offend you? Are these generalities outrageous? I will not be kind to the Church to whatever degree I perceive it to be in partial slumber. It’s not my job. Also, understand that this site will not appeal to a straw-dummy church; a liberal, humanistic church that we will probably agree is in flux toward apostasy. My appeal (warning) is to the true Church, i.e. the remnant, the called-out - US.

Finally, know that I have chosen this site in order to express my (God-given?) opinions (utterances?) in order to not put at risk those who are in authority over me. I have been a Christian for forty years, have put myself under the authority of my pastor, the elders in my church, the Sunday school teacher under whom I sit, under the authority of the nursery school leader whenever I go in to change diapers, etc. etc. This is my site. If anything is written that is blasphemous, apostate, shallow, outrageous, or whatever, then understand that I, and I alone am the culprit. OK, so let’s get started. As this site (hopefully) gets more sophisticated, some of you will want to respond. Be kind, as I will be to you. (Heb. 10:23-25)

1 comment:

ESM said...

Ron, This is a test, you can delete this now.