Thursday, December 13, 2007

KayZeez Cry

Let’s take a break from our collective brilliance for a moment.

A beautiful, sweet eleven year old girl had her heart broken recently. It seems as though her 40 year old aunt had recently taken her life. Now I understand that this girl has a very tender heart, and loved her aunt very much. Indeed, the entire family was staggered by the event. She wrote this love letter to her aunt a few weeks after:

Dear Aunt Dina,

I’ll always miss you.

I wrote this poem, just for you, kind of for me I guess too!
When I would see you, with a leap of excitement would jump my heart,
But when you went to live with God…it ripped my heart apart.
So Jesus wants you back I guess,
It’s not like I’ll miss you less.
Even though we’re all a mess,
We’ll forever find time to love you too,
And yet I’ll always miss you.

Romans 16:20

And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen
(Her Scripture)

She claims that these were not her words.
I believe her.

To the “seeker friendly”: There really is evil in the world. We really do have an enemy and he hates us and is attempting to murder our aunts. Be a little more sobered by the moment - please.

To the “watchman on the wall”: There are so-called brothers-in-the-Lord who are leading people astray. I understand that. However, there are also true brothers-in-the-Lord who disagree with us on many matters. They are brothers. It is not subject to our approval. Put the sword back in - please.

To all of the above, we brilliant heroes for God: Let’s weep just a little bit more and slay just a little bit less - please.

How can we weep, when we are so busy being brilliant? Beloved, the whole world is in pain. We need for Him to return.

TAFTCom.!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Grandpa,
I loved what you said about me.
I miss you and love you.

Kenzi

Exegeter said...

Thanx baby. Luv you too.

GP